Whether your Fourth of July celebration is a family affair, a neighborhood gathering or a party with friends, you’ll want to enjoy great food as well. This mix-and-match menu will help you get everything planned for a great party!
Pick one or two options from each section and you’re all set.
- Anything on the grill: hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken or Weight-Watcher-friendly kebabs
- For the vegetarians in the crowd, try the best ever vegetarian burgers
- Pulled pork especially if you’re in the south!
- Pasta salad or a Make Ahead Layered Salad
- Potato Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette (video) or try Ed Livine’s Potato Salad that’s made with mayo and hard cooked eggs
- Corn on the cob
- Southern tomato pie, sort of like an eggless tomato quiche.
- Broccoli salad with black olives and feta
- Baked Beans
- Get the kids involved in helping you make deviled eggs
Very Berry Summer Pie, photo courtesy of Kelly Wright, Sass & Veracity blog
- Fruit Salad
- Watermelon – of course!
- “Patriotic” desserts, like The Barefoot Contessa’s famous flag cake (video) is made from scratch with strawberry “stripes” and blueberry “stars”
- Rhubarb strawberry crisp, made from local and healthy ingredients
- This Mixed Berry Tart can be made from scratch or simplify things by using a pre-made pie crust, and instant vanilla pudding instead of making the vanilla pastry cream from scratch.
- Berry trifle, also with the colors of our flag
- Strawberry shortcake: A classic combination of biscuit, fresh strawberries and whipped cream, that never fails to delight.
- Get creative with your own ice cream sandwiches or frozen or no-bake pies
- Make sure your friends and family stay hydrated with lots of water!
- Lemonade – the old-fashioned way
- Iced Tea
If you are new to startcooking, or are a regular visitor here, please consider subscribing for free.