- 3 pounds of stew beef - cut into 1 and 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion - diced
- 4 tomatoes - cut into wedges
- 1/2 pound of baby carrots
- 1 red pepper - cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 pound of small mushrooms - cleaned
- 2 small turnips - cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons of instant tapioca
- 1/2 cup of dry bread crumbs
- 2 cups of red wine
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 pound of frozen small pearl onion
Put all the ingredients except the pearl onions in a Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid.
Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 3 1/2 hours. Don’t peek!
Add the pearl onions after the stew is removed from the oven.
Serve with crusty bread.
Adapted from: Fete Accomplie, Washington, DC
Beef stew makes for a hearty and tasty meal. There’s no need to be a chef with these tips and techniques on how to make beef stew – just follow my easy step-by-step video instructions and you’ll be cooking like a pro!