Chicken Salad with Wild Rice
- 1 package of long grain and wild rice - (Near East preferred) cooked according to directions on the package
- 3 cups of chicken - cooked and cut into chunks
- 3 green onion - chopped
- 1 red bell pepper - diced
- 1/3 cup of your favorite vinaigrette dressing
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 2 medium avocadoes - chopped
- 1/2 cup of pecans
Mix together cooked rice, cooked chicken, chopped scallions, and diced red pepper and salad dressing.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Before serving, peel and chop avocados. Pour the lemon juice over the avocados to coat.
Add just the avocados to the salad.
Serve on lettuce leaves and garnish with pecans.
Today’s chicken salad is easy to prepare. It tastes great by itself or in sandwiches. Follow the instructions for the recipe and you’ll have yourself a great, light meal in no time. Enjoy!