- 1 pound of bacon
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 18 large (stems removed) mushrooms
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces. Fry until crisp and drain on a paper towel.
Mix bacon, cream cheese, green onion, hot pepper sauce, oregano.
Wash mushrooms and remove stem.
Fill mushroom caps with cream cheese mixture and place in baking dish.
Bake 18-21 minutes or until fork tender.
Stuffed mushrooms make a delicious hors-d’oeurve or an attractive side dish.