- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup of onion - minced
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 4 ounces of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 4 hamburger buns - toasted
- 2 leaves of lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 1 can of chopped green chilies (4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon of hot sauce (optional)
Mix together the ground beef, minced onions, ketchup, chili powder, shredded cheese, and the salt and pepper.
Shape into four patties.
In a non-stick, pre-heated frying pan, set to medium high heat, fry the burgers for 4 minutes on each side.
Serve on a toasted roll with Tex-Mex Burger sauce.
Tex-Mex Burger Sauce
Stir together all ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Makes 1 cup
Adapted from: Recipezaar
Add some variations to your burger recipes with these fantastic and delicious tex-mex cheeseburgers! Anyone can cook tasty burgers by following those simple and easy steps to making tex-mex cheeseburgers.