Ahh, bacon! That crispy, chewy, salty and sinful cut of pork we all love.
Depending on where in the world you live, bacon is cut from the sides, belly, or back of a pig, near the ribs. The most common form of bacon sold in the United States is side bacon. It is very fatty with long layers of fat running parallel to the rind. It’s the fattiness of the meat that makes it so yummy. After the skin is cut away, the meat is cured, smoked, and sliced. It can be cooked in a pan on the stovetop, in the oven, or in the microwave, until it’s perfectly crisp.
1. Make a good old BLT sandwich, of course.
2. Bacon cheeseburgers will make anyone’s mouth water. Meat topped with more meat? Perfection!
3. Bacon-wrapped tater tots would go perfectly with that bacon cheeseburger!
4. Roast a bacon-wrapped turkey breast for Sunday dinner.
5. Make delicious bacon parmesan twists.
6. Add a punch of flavor to your creamed spinach recipe.
7. Make your own hot bacon dressing for a fabulous spinach salad!
8. Entertaining? Whet your guests’ appetites with the bacon-cheese fundido appetizer.
9. Indulge in a bar of dark chocolate infused with the flavor of applewood smoked bacon as a special treat.
10. Maple bacon cupcakes (made from a cake mix) look easy and mouth watering.
11. And if you liked those, try some maple bacon cookie bark.
12. It’s not real, southern cornbread unless there’s bacon grease in it.
13. Bacon lip balm anyone?
14. Join the bacon of the month club to have artisan bacon delivered to your door 12 times a year.
15. A plate full of candied bacon is very hard to resist.
16. A Bacon Martini, (also known as Pig On The Rocks) is made with bacon infused vodka.
17. For a great garnish for drinks, try making a bacon swizzle stick.
18. Whip up a tasty bacon and cheese quiche for dinner.
19. Cook bacon into the shape of cups and fill with lettuce and tomato for a breadless BLT.
20. Stay warm bacon hot chocolate.
21. Bacon salt adds the flavor without the calories.
22. If pork-covered pork appeals to you, you may also enjoy the Grilled Bacon-Wrapped hot dogs.
23. Bacon bandaids bring back smiles.
24. Bacon wrapped Cheesy Stuffed Jalapeños will be a huge hit at your next party.
25. Top your next dinner party with these totally amazing Dark Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes.
26. Impress your guests with Bacon Wrapped Scallops.
27. A bacon-y take on an Asian favorite: bacon and bok choy potstickers.
28. Weave and bake bacon into edible placemats.
29. Then, use the woven bacon to augment your grilled cheese experience.
30. The Bacon Explosion is to die for! (Make only if you are a hardcore bacon lover)
31. Bacon, date and almond appetizers will be the hit of your party.
32. Bacon egg salad croissants put a new spin on an old favourite.
33. Candied Bacon Ice Cream a la David Leibovitz.
34. An actual bacon bandaid clearly helps you heal faster.
35. This bacon alarm clock has been university tested.
36. Romance is in the air with this bacon bouquet.
37. With all this bacon love going on, be sure to NOT put any bacon fat down the drain.
38. Bacon popcorn is a deliciously delicious, crunchy snack!
39. For the experienced cook, try your hand at making your own bacon.
40. Baked Beans with Crispy Bacon, the name says it all.
41. Fancy up your Mac and Cheese with some bacon.
42. Potato soup with bacon sounds like the perfect soup to warm you up!
43. Strawberry bacon spinach salad will make you the star of any potluck.
44. Salty bacon is great inside an egg salad sandwich.
45. Try roasted pears with cheese and bacon.
46. Pears, bacon and cheese can also be made into a great pizza.
47. This is my favorite Bacon Quiche recipe.
48. If you are calorie cutting check out your local grocery store for turkey bacon.
49. Bacon Crack…butter, sugar, bacon and saltines…
50. And finally, a Bacon Fluffernutter!
If you are new to startcooking, or are a regular visitor here, please consider subscribing for free.