StartCooking.com Video Contest Rules
- ELIGIBILITY. Legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years old or older are eligible to enter, except for (a) employees and agents of StartCooking.com and members of their immediate families; and (b) employees and agents of Chiquita International Brands, Inc. and members of their immediate families. Each individual entrant may submit as many entries as they wish
- DEADLINE. All entries must be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than July 24th 2008
- JUDGING. The winner will be selected by StartCooking.com, at its sole discretion. The decision of StartCooking.com is final. StartCooking.com reserves the right not to select any winner, at its sole discretion.
- PRIZES. Subject to the these Contest Rules, the winner will receive a Wii Fit and an opportunity to have his or her script made into a video by StartCooking.com and displayed on StartCooking.com, with attribution to the winner as the creator of the script. Notwithstanding the foregoing, StartCooking.com may, at its discretion, decline to make and/or display a video based on any submitted script.
- TAXES. Winners are responsible for the payment of any taxes required under federal or state law. StartCooking.com may make any appropriate tax filing with government tax authorities.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. In consideration for the opportunity to take part in the contest, the entrant hereby assigns and agrees to assign all rights to the script, including all copyright, to StartCooking.com. All entries become the property of StartCooking.com and will not be acknowledged or returned. StartCooking.com may, at its sole discretion, make and display a video based on the winning script, modify the script, and display the script and/or the video and any modifications thereof on StartCooking.com and on any other website and in any other medium. StartCooking.com may also, at its sole discretion, make the winning video accessible in its archive.
- ORIGINALITY. Each submitted script must be the original creation of the entrant.
- PUBLICITY. StartCooking.com may use the name, photo, likeness, and biographical information of the winner in connection with the video and in other promotional material in all media.
- AFFIDAVIT. The prospective winner may be requested to sign an affidavit of eligibility, originality, copyright assignment, permission to use name, likeness, and biographical information, and a release of liability. If the prospective winner does not sign the affidavit within a reasonable time after notification or attempted notification, StartCooking.com may, at is sole discretion, choose an alternate winner or decline to select any winner.