Tuscan Bean Soup
- 1 and 1/2 cups of yellow onions - diced
- 1 cup of celery - diced
- 1 cup of carrot - diced
- 2 teaspoons of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 can of kidney beans (15.5 ounce) - rinsed and drained
- 1 can of cannellini beans (15.5 ounce) - rinsed and drained
- 1 can of chick peas (15.5 ounce) - rinsed and drained
- 1 can of diced tomato (14-ounce)
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil
- 8 ounces of baby spinach - washed
In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Sauté the onion, celery, carrot and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes.
Finely chop the FRESH rosemary, thyme, and basil and add them to the pot.
Add the diced tomatoes, the kidney beans, cannellini beans, chick peas, and the chicken stock.
Bring the pot to a boil and then turn down heat to simmer. Simmer for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add the spinach, and recover the pot. It will take approximately 1-2 minutes for the spinach to wilt.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Adapted from: Emeril