- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 packet/envelope of taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces of Catalina dressing
- 4 ounces of water
- 4 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1 cup of tomato - diced
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small purple onion - thinly sliced
In a large frying pan, over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. Drain and discard excess fat.
Stir in the packet of taco seasoning mix and the Catalina salad dressing. Add 4 ounces of water.
Bring to boil, and reduce heat to simmer.
Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
Divide salad fixings onto four plates. Top each serving with one quarter of the taco beef mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top.
Adapted from: Big Y