Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 cans of sweet potato (16 ounces each) - drained
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of butter - melted
- 2 tablespoons of rum (optional)
- 1 can of mandarin oranges (11 ounces) - rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup of pecans - chopped
Mash the sweet potatoes with a masher or you can use an electric hand mixer.
Blend in 3 (of the 4) Tablespoons of brown sugar, the salt, and 3 (of the 4) Tablespoons of butter and the rum. Gently fold in the drained mandarin oranges. Spoon the sweet potato mixture into a 1 quart casserole dish.
In a small bowl combine the remaining 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar, the remaining 1 Tablespoons of butter and the chopped pecans. Sprinkle over the top of the sweet potatoes.
Bake at 375 F. degrees for 30 minutes.