- 1/2 cup of shallots - finely minced
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pinch of saffron threads
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
In a heavy saucepan combine shallots and white wine. Bring to a boil and reduce to 2 tablespoons.
Now add saffron threads and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.
Place pan over medium heat and whisk in the COLD butter one piece at a time, adding the next piece before the last one has completely melted, stirring constantly.
Do not allow mixture to boil.
Add fresh lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Adapted from:No Reservations