Chocolate Cheese Cake Pie
- 12 ounces of bittersweet chocolate - chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of dark corn syrup
- 8 ounces of cream cheese - softened
- 1 pie crust (9 inch crumb crust)
In a heat-proof bowl, combine the finely chopped chocolate, 1/2 cup of the heavy cream, and the dark corn syrup. Set the bowl over a pot of simmering water. (The bowl should not be touching the water.) Melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. Remove the bowl from the heat and let cool fro 5-10 minutes. Using an electric mixer beat in the softened cream cheese.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream until it holds stiff peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
Scrape the filling into a prepared crumb crust pie shell and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Makes 6-8 servings.